Photographer-II, Part-Time, Temp, WXMI
WXMI, The E.W. Scripps owned Fox affiliate in Grand Rapids, MI is hiring a Part-Time, Temporary Photographer II for sports and news coverage. The Photographer II will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms. This position will also be responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera and video editing equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Capture and edit local sports events; write scripts
• Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
• Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite and related news gathering equipment
• Work in tandem with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
• Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• 2+ years experience as a photographer preferred
• Associate's degree in related discipline preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Proficiency with lighting and computer based editing.
• Proficiency with live microwave truck operation.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's web sites
• Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Driving Required. Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmpyox-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.