Chief Sports Anchor, WXMI
WXMI, The E.W. Scripps Company FOX affiliate in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is looking for a Chief Sports Anchor to join our team. The Chief Sports Anchor will lead responsibility for researching, writing, producing, and editing sports segments, capturing visual content for multiple platforms, anchoring and/or reporting newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignments or evaluate sports leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program(s) when conducting taped interview(s) or narration(s).
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems; videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Knowledge of video systems
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy7po-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.