NEWS EDITOR (P/T) - WXIX
WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana tri-state area, the nation's 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that's ''Always Local, Always Now,'' produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 3 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market's #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW's community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer's Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We're proud to serve the community on multiple platforms, and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy! and the FOX prime time schedule.
WXIX-TV, FOX19NOW in Cincinnati, Ohio is seeking a part-time News Editor. Candidate must be a self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines, have the ability to learn how to operate various news broadcast equipment, and embrace a newsroom culture that blends news content gathering with production operation.
- Edit in-house and affiliate video for any newscast
- Attach video to reporter's web articles
- Work closely with reporters and producers to find/edit video
- Run live shots using TVU; shoot reporter live shots; shoot breaking news video as needed
- Gather news through excellent video; sometimes paired with reporters as needed
- Constantly strive to use the best video possible to tell stories
- A Broadcast Communications degree and/or technical training is a plus
- Familiar with non-linear editing and knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Premiere editing software is a plus
- The successful candidate will have a ''can-do'' attitude and maintain the ability to work well under pressure
*** Those candidates with the ambition to get their news broadcasting careers in motion can apply online and attach your resume and any links to your work. Pre-employment drug screen required. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V ***
, attach your resume and any links to your work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89xvm-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.