News Director - WXIX
WXIX-TV, FOX19 NOW, is the FOX affiliate serving Cincinnati and the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana tri-state area, the nation's 37th DMA. FOX19 NOW, the station that's ''Always Local, Always Now,'' produces over 61 hours of News per week. FOX19 NOW is the leader in Morning News with local coverage from 4:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. each weekday The station airs early evening news 4 to 7 p.m. weekdays and the market's #1 (A25-54) late, local News starting at 10:00 to 11:30 p.m. FOX19 NOW's community involvement includes The St. Jude Dream Home, The Alzheimer's Association, The Pink Ribbon Girls and Special Olympics of Northern Kentucky, among others. We're proud to serve the community on multiple platforms, and broadcast some of the most popular programming in the Tri-State, including NFL on FOX, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy! and the FOX prime time schedule.
WXIX wants a News Director who will recruit, lead, mentor, and develop the next generation of journalists while capitalizing on experienced veterans as well. We are looking for a dynamic news professional who excels with high expectations, passion, and dedication. The News Director will lead and manage news coverage for WXIX and our powerful group of digital and social platforms. Execute news strategies/develop strategic plan based on audience needs (or research-based audience needs) and successfully implement and track.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work with Management team including the Assistant News Director, Executive Producers, and Digital Content Manager to initiate and manage well branded content
• Make editorial decisions on content
• Effectively communicate goals and plans for the newsroom and ensure those plans are carried out by all staff members
• Oversee, with the help of News Management, all Anchors/Reporters, MMJ's, Producers, as well as Assignment Editors/Digital Content Producers on story enterprise, development and generate strong branded content.
• Execute Breaking News and Severe Weather coverage plans • Plan and execute ''Big Story'' coverage
• Hold all staff members accountable daily
• Conduct regular feedback sessions with all employees
• Participate in editorial and planning meetings
• Monitor newscasts and digital news coverage to ensure staff is meeting standards
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Protect and defend journalistic integrity of the news product
• Ensure the news team follows best practices on all platforms
• Execute news strategies developed by news and station management
• Work well with all station departments/managers
• We are looking for Experience. 5 plus years in News Management a plus.
• Creativity and passion for news, leadership in teaching and coaching team members
• Ability to multi-task in high stress situations
• Bachelor's degree in journalism preferred
• Knowledge and understanding in using various digital and social platforms
• Strong management, communication and people skills required to supervise and interact daily with staff and the community
• Proven leadership ability
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WXIX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15myv-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.