Multimedia Journalist Reporter
WXIN/WTTV is looking for a Weekend Meteorologist to forecast weather conditions and produces and anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
WTTV/WXIN in Indianapolis, IN is looking for a Meteorologist with a track record of strong breaking weather, accurate forecasting, and a driven personality for all branded newscasts and all digital platforms.
Once joining the Weather Authority team, you will focus on producing dynamic weather content both on air and online. This position requires digital and social media know-how to produce sharable content to our website, app and social media accounts. This position will handle weekend evening newscasts while also filling in where needed during the morning or evenings during the week.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Produce & present weather content for all WXIN/WTTV digital and social media platforms
• Respond to breaking and severe weather events as required to produce content for our digital platforms
• Work with the entire Weather Authority team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on air and online
• Develop interesting and audience engaging ideas to attract users/viewers
• Engage with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts
• Participates in promotional activities on behalf of the stations
Requirements & Skills:
• Proven track record of accurate forecasting
• Bachelor's degree in meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• At least 3 years on-air experience in a newsroom setting
• Strong command of all social media platforms
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5bpn-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.