WXII/WCWG TV is looking for an experienced multi-platform journalist to execute our digital strategy and multimedia content initiatives for both current and future platforms. The Digital Media Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts of our website and social media. The Digital Media Manager helps craft and execute the strategy and tactics to achieve our goals. You will report to the News Director and work closely with digital contributors, newsroom managers, and department heads, particularly promotion and sales. You will be responsible for creating content for all digital platforms and work closely with news crews, producers and assignment editors to assign and produce content. You will be responsible for relaying to staff the content that is available on our digital platforms. You will also work with the sales department and creative services department. The ideal candidate should also have knowledge of digital technology as well as strong writing and editorial skills.
• Manage online content and operations. This includes selecting and writing material for all of our digital platforms.
• Develop and guide execution of strategies to meet digital goals.
• Develop unique content for event coverage and project ideas for web, mobile and social media.
• Have a sense of urgency and work to develop content during breaking news.
• Work closely with the digital editor, news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms and television.
• Leverage Next Generation newsgathering to provide ownership of content both daily, and during big or breaking news events.
• Take an active role in daily editorial meetings.
• Work closely with News Director to refine digital workflow.
• Participate in weekly news manager and marketing meetings.
• Serve as primary link between on-air and online news as a key member of the news management team.
• Train new employees to contribute to all digital platforms (field gathering and presentation); and maximize best practices.
• Understand and communicate pertinent metrics (i.e. Google Analytics, comScore) concerning digital growth and trends to News Director, GM and necessary staff.
• Use working knowledge of SEO and tactics to improve traffic generation from search.
• In-person attendance is required
• Must have at least three years of experience as an editor for a news website
• Must have working knowledge of digital technology
• College Degree in Journalism or related field
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with related experience will be considered
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbebok-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.