News Anchor MMJ - WWSB
NEWS ANCHOR (W/END)/MMJ - WWSB
Live, work and play in a very unique media market that so many vacationers call a top destination. WWSB-TV is the ABC affiliate serving Sarasota & Manatee Counties on the Suncoast of Southwest Florida. Postcard worthy views are bountiful, and so are opportunities to enjoy the Florida lifestyle. Top beaches are minutes away; so are top attractions in Tampa Bay, Orlando and South Florida. You're a quick ride from some of the most popular theme parks and cruise ports. While visitors come and go, our station and our newsroom are committed to serving the thousands upon thousands of people who call the Suncoast home. You'll find a special emphasis on covering news with a hyperlocal focus, while embracing the best practices found in some of the region's top markets.
WWSB-TV / ABC7 in Sarasota, Florida, is searching for our next Weekend Anchor / MMJ Reporter. This is a fantastic opportunity for a journalist who considers themselves a lead story MMJ and is looking to grow their brand and style in the studio as an anchor. A positive attitude and ability to engage our team of journalists is a must. This is very much a leadership position; your performance elevating our newsroom and teammates is just as vital as your delivery on the desk. In addition to storytelling, you'll help develop our audience on all digital platforms including our new social media ''Live Desk.'' This journalist should have the ability to produce original general assignment and promotable content using MMJ workflows and have a desire to make public appearances as an ambassador for our station.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Gather and report general assignment lead stories in multiple newscasts as an MMJ
- Write and post real time updates on digital and social platforms
- Anchor weekend newscasts as assigned with clean, engaging and thoughtful delivery
- Engage audience through live desk, social channels and personal appearances
- Help with copy editing newscasts and proofing reporter scripts
- Develop and maintain contacts with local newsmakers and experts
- Ability to partner with newsroom managers to increase productivity and teamwork
- Demonstrated track record of producing news reports from the field with MMJ Equipment & Cell phone technology
-At least two years' experience as an Anchor & MMJ
- Confident & experienced performance on air
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air, online and behind the scenes in timely and professional manner
- Leadership of the news team and a trusted editorial voice
- Internship in a commercial newsroom
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable experience
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
WWSB-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz891q-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.