Live, work and play in a very unique media market that so many vacationers call a top destination. WWSB-TV is the ABC Television station serving Sarasota & Manatee Counties on the Suncoast of Southwest Florida. Beautiful, postcard worthy views are bountiful, and so are the opportunities to enjoy the Florida lifestyle. Yes, the beaches are minutes away. So are some of the top attractions in Tampa Bay, Orlando and South Florida. You're a quick ride from some of the most popular theme parks and cruise ports. While visitors come and go, our station and our newsroom are committed to serving the thousands upon thousands of people who call the Suncoast, home. You'll find a special emphasis on covering news with a hyperlocal focus, while embracing the best practices found in some of the region's top markets.
Our Executive Producer will help our team commit to lead stories, and see the possible with available resources. S/He will help us develop a ''happening now'' newscast centered on unique, local content. S/He will also help bring digital and breaking news to life on all platforms, and will inspire our team to be their best. In our newsroom, we commit to quality through partnership and collaboration, long before the team heads into the studio and control room. Daily content planning and team training are expected. By the way… while you'll be leading our team, you'll also be expected to jump in to help produce, edit video, and post to digital & social on a case-by-case basis.
Here are specific responsibilities (but may not be limited to):
• Manage our team of producers and grow our broadcasts
• Review news scripts for accuracy, legal issues and proper grammar/spelling
• Evaluate and elevate rundowns for maximum showcase opportunities using our producer toolbox
• Develop and maintain plans for daily content generation
• Work with newscast and web producers to enhance storytelling techniques
• Train new producers and associate producers
• Ensure accuracy and urgency by leveraging ticker, lower thirds & full-screens
• Produce newscasts when necessary
• Recruit producers and MMJs
• Collaborate with other managers to evolve SOPs, plan, and create accountability for newsroom targets
• Attend station-sponsored events
• Must have at least 3 years' experience line producing
• Reel should demonstrate a consistent understanding of showcased producing
• Collaborative, empathetic, training-centered approach needed for achieving goals
• Previous management experience a plus
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, VizRT, and Overdrive are a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y3w6-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.