Multimedia (TV/Digital) News Producer
WWMT/CW7/wwmt.com is looking for an experienced News Producer. In this hybrid role, you will be responsible for producing content for both TV and our website and social media channels. We're looking for a newsroom leader with an innovative vision to help prioritize content based on the story. We need an adaptable team player with the flexibility to serve as a lead producer for TV or regular web contributor based on the needs of the day. This position will also work closely with newsroom managers, assignment desk and anchors on the newscast and web/social platforms and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts and our digital platforms and work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate multiplatform writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Familiarity with website software/tools and social media/AP style
• Must have at least some previous news producing and multiplatform experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjn8q1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.