WWMT/CW7/wwmt.com in Kalamazoo, MI has an immediate opening for a Digital Producer/Assignment Editor!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to produce, write, edit and post stories to our digital platforms utilizing a content management system and other digital tools. This person will participate in editorial meetings and work with the reporters and the assignment desk to keep all digital platforms updated. The candidate will also handle incoming news tips, coordinating crews alongside managers, and monitoring feeds and breaking news.
• Assist in directing news assignments and digital content
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Organizing and assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Knowledge of websites, content management systems, social media platforms, and personal social media usage
• Experience in television news gathering and logistical planning
• Strong news judgment
• A strong team player who can inspire teams to achieve a shared goal
• Experience in creating and executing full-scale digital campaigns with social media and web
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of AP Style
• The ability/willingness to be work a flexible shift including nights, weekends, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92vy7-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.