MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST - WVVA (Beckley Bureau)
Nestled in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in Nature's Air-Conditioned City, Bluefield, WV, WVVA TV is centrally located to many major markets. The two Virginia's are home to world-class white-water rafting, thousands of miles of hiking trails, skiing and so much more.
WVVA was named Station of the Year five times in eight years with an award-winning team and community service. We embody our slogan ''Here for You.''
Multimedia Journalist/Beckley Bureau - WVVA Television, in Bluefield, WV, has an opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Multimedia Journalist to work in our Beckley Bureau. Working from our station's bureau located in Beckley, WV, a 45-minute drive from our main studios, the ideal candidate will be a self-starting, highly disciplined individual who can work independently to find, shoot, edit, and report news on air, online and across our station's social media and mobile platforms. Excellent growth opportunity comes with this position. We are looking for a hard-working, creative journalist who can tell compelling stories rather than simply write news copy. Your ability to dig deep into a variety of topics and tell a story concisely is key.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Generate leadable and original story ideas daily.
• Strong research skills with the ability to employ critical thinking skills to dig deeper into incoming news tips.
• Ability to shoot, write, edit, and post stories, pictures, and videos to serve our audience on all platforms.
• Develop sources within the community to gain unique insight and reports on important and impactful issues.
• Appear on air and coordinate live shots.
• Work well under pressure in deadline-driven situations.
• Ability to connect with the audience.
• Candidate must work with a sense of immediacy and on a team while exhibiting sound news judgment and ethics.
• Potential and drive to anchor when needed.
Qualifications/Requirements (include by not limited to):
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field preferred.
• Disciplined individual with the ability to work independently is a must.
• Some experience preferred.
• Exceptional news judgment.
• Professional knowledge of broadcast news operations a plus.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
• Must pass driver's record check.
*** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***
Qualified applicants please go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WVVA-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzzoe-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.