News Reporter / MMJ - WVUE
NEWS REPORTER/MMJ (Mon.-Fri.) - WVUE
WVUE- FOX 8 in New Orleans is the #1 rated News station in the competitive New Orleans Market. FOX 8 is committed to providing in-depth investigative stories that affect change, hold the powerful accountable, and shine a light on public corruption. FOX 8 recognizes the responsibility of keeping the viewing public safe and informed about the world around them delivering all the news, information and entertainment viewers want and need to know. With this mission in mind, FOX 8 is committed to serving as the Weather Authority for Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi and continues to lead in the field of investigative journalism. Fox 8 is committed to innovation and continued evolution in the use of existing technology producing roughly 60 hours of news and locally originated programming per week.
WVUE in New Orleans is seeking an experienced, aggressive New Reporter/MMJ to work Monday-Friday. The candidate must be able to work in a highly functioning, talented newsroom. Candidate must be a self-starting strong journalist with an investigative mindset. We want an excellent writer for broadcast and all multi-platform content, as well as a positive leader inside and outside the newsroom. We're looking for a creative reporter who can tell impactful stories and enhance our award winning teams enterprise content. Someone with a sense of service who wants to tell stories in a highly ethical journalistic environment and have a great time doing a tough job.
Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reporter will be responsible for live shots, writing and posting multiple stories daily for broadcast as well as all of FOX 8's multimedia platforms under tight deadlines.
- Must also be strong at managing breaking news and severe weather coverage, and be able to make sound split-second decisions during live broadcasts.
- Strong skills in posting to the web, working with social media, and gathering of user generated content are important.
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience as a television reporter in a top 125 market
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background
- Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
- Must be willing to work in New Orleans, LA
- If you want to be a part of an award-winning aggressive newsroom that makes a difference in their community, apply online and attach your resume and upload links to your work. No phone calls please.
Interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WVUE-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7xn4-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.