WVTM-TV, the NBC affiliate in Birmingham, Alabama, is looking for a Local News Anchor who can authentically deliver news stories with comfort and command. You know how to tell stories visually and can complete active, engaging live shots. In addition to credibility, and personality, you will be an anchor who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. You will be a newsroom leader who helps mentor team members. You will write and edit scripts with conversational communication in mind. You are versatile, enterprising, who is fast, efficient, works well under broadcast television deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent live anchoring skills. You will report to the News Director.
• Anchor newscasts
• Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience in a conversation
• Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with polish, personality and purpose
• Work with and guide reporters and producers in newscast production
• Summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Complete each interaction with journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Appear on behalf of the station at public events
• Professional or schooling experience anchoring
• Your demo reel is indicative of your everyday work
• Anchor with the ability to connect with viewers
• Flexibility to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Have and exhibit unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Experience working with digital media and social media
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy740-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.