- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WVTM13, the Hearst owned NBC station in Birmingham, AL is looking for a sports reporter/anchor.
Applicants must have proven ability to tell compelling stories and perform dynamic live shots. Candidate must be able to shoot and edit their own stories. Ability to produce and anchor sportscasts is a must. Extensive knowledge of sports is required. Experience producing special programs is also a plus. We need a storyteller who has a dynamic on-air presence and excellent communication skills. You must also have a proven track record of social media engagement.
• Serve as a reporter and photographer for gathering and presenting news and sports stories
• Produce and anchor sportscasts
• Produce sports specials
• Post news and sports stories to digital platforms including social media
• Work with promotions and marketing to provide material for promoting stories and segments
• Work with the assignment desk to plan resources for sports coverage
• Travel to news events for coverage at times
• At least two years in a commercial TV newsroom preferably as a sports reporter
• Non Linear editing knowledge preferable with Adobe Premier Knowledge and experience with ENPS
• Experience shooting video on news broadcast equipment. Knowledge of different streaming devices is helpful.
• Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
• Highly organized
• Commitment to accuracy in reporting
• Social Media savvy
• Works well in stressful situations and with deadlines
• Extensive sports knowledge and good news judgment
• Ability to incorporate graphic production in stories and sportscasts
• Desire to win, especially in breaking news situations
• Team player
• Journalism or Broadcasting degree or equivalent preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v2x5-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.