Digital Sales Manager - WVLT
WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 50 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate to expend its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscasts.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 60th largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee's flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
The DSM is responsible for achieving the station's digital advertising revenue goals and working closely with the entire sales team to prospect, develop, close and maintain digital advertising accounts. WVLT's digital solutions include advertisement on the station's WVLT.TV website, weather.com and the Weather Channel mobile apps as well as an entire suite of digital products from Gray Television's digital division. The DSM works in partnership with the sales team to identify customer needs and recommend effective marketing solutions, integrating traditional television advertising with non-traditional digital tools and new media platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Ensure the station achieves their monthly, quarterly and annual digital revenue goals
• Maximize digital revenue by managing digital advertising inventory & pricing
• Coach and lead individual Account Executives to grow digital revenue and drive new business
• Assist the sales team with development and implementation of effective digital marketing solutions for a wide range of clients
• Ensure all digital marketing materials are up-to-date and assist team with building digital solution proposals
• Work with Sales Management team to integrate digital solutions with traditional concepts
• Attend client meetings with Account Executives to present and explain complex digital solutions in simple, easy to understand language to clients, media buyers, advertising agencies and other key decision makers
• Work with sales team to effectively explain campaign results to digital clients
• Coordinate between Gray Digital Media and the WVLT sales team
• Ensure digital campaigns are setup properly for success utilizing all campaign tracking tools.
• Work with Digital Sales Coordinator to oversee banner ad graphic design, campaign onboarding forms and other digital tasks such digital reconciliation and missing creative reports.
• Serve as the in-market expert for digital marketing and media
• Follow online, mobile, OTT and social media marketing trends, emerging technology, the competitive landscape, etc…
• Introduce new digital marketing products and services in sales training meetings
• Minimum 3 years of sales experience, preferable in digital media
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Current knowledge of digital ad technology including Google Analytics.
• Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint required.
• IAB and/or Google AdWords Certification a plus.
• Experience with DFP / Google Ad Manager, Wide Orbit, Matrix a Plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnbe4-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.