WUSA9 TV in Washington, DC seeks a curious, creative leader to oversee our local Verify team. In this Multiplatform Content Creator Manager role you will oversee and contribute to daily VERIFY Content in one of the top markets in the country. This position will report to the VP/Station Manager.
VERIFY is a news brand dedicated to stopping the spread of misinformation and answering our audience's questions about what's true and false. Ideal candidates should be ambitious self-starters with an aptitude for research and story development. The position calls for deep research into story tips, enterprise content, issues, and events, with the purpose of developing exclusive stories. Multi-platform Content Creators will be expected to provide information for day-of stories as well as longer-term investigations.
In addition, candidates should be willing and able to write and present information for both digital and television distribution related to the research they have done.
This position will also include working directly with the VP/Station Manager on innovative projects at WUSA9 and may include work with our corporate team during innovation summits.
• Work with the News Content Director, Digital Director and EP's to determine daily Verify content.
• Identify and pitch daily and long-form story ideas that fit the VERIFY brand
• Thoroughly research topics, extrapolate data and interview experts
• Write and produce VOs, VOSOTs and PKGs based on research for TV
• Write in-depth digital articles based on research for online platforms
• Collaborate with producers, editors, reporters and anchors
• Must be able to work flexible hours
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent experience in the field
• At least two years of experience working as a news researcher, writer, reporter or producer
• Strong fact-checking and writing skills
• Impeccable news judgment and journalistic integrity
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Video editing experience is a plus, though not required
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebye2-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.