TEGNA Inc., is a media company innovating in the digital age, a best-in-class operator and one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the US with 64 television stations and two radio stations in 51 markets from coast to coast.
We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates (NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX) in the top 25 markets among independent station groups and reach 41.7 million television households or approximately 39 percent of all TV households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 75 million adults across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, TEGNA stations have over 32 million social followers.
Our purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities - through empowering stories, impactful investigations and innovative marketing services.
What is the opportunity?
WUSA9, TEGNA's flagship TV station and CBS affiliate in Washington, DC is hiring an experienced broadcast and OTT advertising Account Executive!
We are constantly committed to innovation with state-of-the-art marketing solutions offering endless opportunities for our clients to thrive from linear TV, to digital video, OTT, and advanced attribution tactics.
You will be part of a team of successful advertising sellers and account managers, who manage high-volume account lists, and are passionate about helping their clients thrive. You will be responsible for growing revenue and share by effectively negotiating, packaging and recommending solutions that utilize our broadcast and digital assets.
What we offer?
• Winning, inclusive, supportive and fun culture
• Base + Uncapped Commissions
• List of accounts
• Leading and innovative media products
• Resources to set you up for success
• Growth opportunities
• Generous benefits
• Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
What will you do?
• Consistently prospect for new revenue opportunities using client and category insights
• Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of offerings
• Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital and Streaming (OTT)
• Seek opportunities to expand relationships with key clients by taking an active role in understanding their business needs and competitive landscape
• Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns
• Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs
• Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment
• Use Matrix to manage the day to day activity, pipeline and forecasts
Requirements: What you need?
• Minimum 3 years of account engagement in a professional, fast-paced media sales environment
• Proven track record of success as a seller
• Understanding of Nielsen methodology
• Understanding of Google Analytics
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy a must
• Ability to effectively solve problems
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management skills
• Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes
• Strong business acumen is a must
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz4xj-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.