News Anchor - WTVY
NEWS ANCHOR (MORNING) - WTVY
WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
Your Hometown News Leader is looking to hire a dynamic, experienced journalist for a weekday morning position. This position is ideal for a blossoming weekend anchor or talented reporter looking for a new challenge. This position centers around delivering compelling stories to communities in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, but it also comes with unique opportunities to grow as an anchor, team leader, and journalist. This is not an entry-level position. The ability to work on tight deadlines, calmly relay breaking news, and have strong writing skills are essential. Shooting, writing, and editing, as well as strong social media skills are required. Producing skills is a plus.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Present unbiased stories in a clear, engaging and meaningful way
- Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live
- Mentor and give storytelling feedback to new producer and MMJ hires
- Find, pitch, and develop stories pertinent to the Wiregrass
- Research and verify news tips, employing critical thinking skills that dig ''beyond the press release''
- Contribute to editorial meetings and guide content decisions for product platforms
- Produce promotable bi-weekly content and special projects as assigned
- Create content for all digital platforms, including OTT
- Engage with the community through attendance and participation of local events
- Work with a sense of immediacy independently and as a team
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
- Writing Examples
- MMJ or Anchor Reel
- (3) References
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, references (include demo reel of work)
WTVY-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz3j7-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.