NEWS ANCHOR (W/END) - WTVY
WTVY News 4 is the #1 local media organization producing news, weather and original content for the Wiregrass region of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Located in downtown Dothan, AL, WTVY has been the area's favorite local broadcaster since 1955. News 4 takes pride in our winning culture and reputation as the ''Hometown News Leader.'' Leadership is about more than being the most popular. Come see how we're embracing our responsibilities to promote prosperity in the Wiregrass for all. Experience the energy of Dothan's impressive economic growth, while still enjoying a very comfortable cost of living.
WTVY is looking for a passionate journalist who can also command the anchor desk. The right hire will anchor our highly successful weekend newscasts, and report 3 days during the week.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anchor weekend newscasts, and other newscasts as assigned
- Work closely with producers to ensure story selection and quality of broadcast are clean, compelling and consistent
- Demonstrate ability to connect with viewers and community both on and off the desk
- Shoot and edit content for newscasts and digital platforms as assigned
- Generate story ideas and build local contacts
- Operate the News4 OTT platform for our website and social media
- Operate portable live units, and conduct live shots from the field
- BS/BA in journalism or communications, computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Minimum one (1) year experience reporting as a MMJ in a commercial newsroom
- Videography and non-linear editing experience
- A valid driver's license, good driving record and proof of insurability
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d819kk-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.