WTVM-TV became the first television station on the air in Columbus, Georgia on October 6, 1953. WTVM continues to be the News Leader in the Columbus television market. The DMA stretches across the state line into portions of east Alabama and Auburn University. With a staff of 40+ news professionals, we broadcast more than 4 hours of news each day on WTVM and provide news for WXTX, the area's FOX affiliate & WLTZ, the area's NBC affiliate.
WTVM-TV is searching for an enthusiastic, skilled, meteorologist for our top-ranked weekday morning newscast.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Analyze raw scientific data, models, and other available and relevant information to create an accurate weather forecast for our viewing area
- Create a compelling, conversational presentation of weather forecast for broadcast, streaming, digital, and social media audiences
- Accurately forecast and track severe weather
- Communicate with news staff to inform editorial decision-making
- Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related field
- AMS seal preferred (or proof of progress in obtaining seal)
- 2-3 years of experience as a broadcast meteorologist preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of digital and social media strategy
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have scheduling flexibility
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm6k9-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.