WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
We enjoy all four seasons and the activities that come with each. Nature is always a short distance away, with many surrounding parks and Lake Erie for recreation. The roller coaster capital of the world, Cedar Point, is just a short drive from the television station. We have two minor league sports teams. The Toledo Mud Hens have a rich baseball history and loyal following. Not to be outdone are the fans of our hockey team, the Toledo Walleye. We also love our food. There are many outstanding restaurants and local festivals throughout the year.
Since 1948, generations of families have grown up counting on WTVG to be a window to their world on-air and now digitally. Our people, on-air and behind the scenes, are trusted friends and neighbors in the community. There is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started seventy years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, our status, and the need to maintain the work ethic that got us to where we are.
There has always been a family atmosphere at WTVG. We care about each other, and know that we are stronger as one team than as many individuals. We take our jobs seriously, and know that we can be successful and have fun at the same time.
Creators and visionaries wanted. 13abc Action News is looking for a producer who not only loves to produce a fast paced broadcast with breaking news, going in depth on big stories but likes to throw in local lifestyle features and delving into digital platforms, too. If you're looking for a different style of program to produce, check us out.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Proven experience producing news content.
• Must thrive on developing, changing news. Not afraid to throw out the rundown at the last minute.
• Understands and produce segments where everything doesn't need to be scripted.
• Produce content for the broadcast as the content dictates. Not everything is video, graphics can easily tell a story. No packages, no problem. Video and sound can expertly be used to get and retain viewers' attention. Live shot crashes? No worries. Everybody has Facetime or live shot app on their I-phones.
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines.
• Must be energetic, positive and great team player.
• Must be highly motivated self-starter. Don't wait to take cues from others.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Experience using Edius editing software and ENPS news software a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a TV newsroom working as a producer or related position.
- Must be able to work forty hours per week.
- Must be able to arrive on time for work and complete each shift daily. There are no flex hours, or working from home. Job duties must be performed in the newsroom.
- Must be willing to work overtime and understand schedules can change with little or no notice, depending on the news cycle.
- Applicants will be required to work holidays and other shifts as scheduled and approved by the news director.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91w87-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.