Local Sales Manager - WTVG
WTVG-13 is the ABC affiliate in Toledo, OH. We deliver 43 hours of live local news, weather and sports every week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms. Since 1948, generations of families in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan have grown up counting on WTVG to be their most trusted source for local news, weather, and sports. With our seasoned team of anchors and reporters there is a culture within our walls that recognizes the responsibility we carry, to continue what was started over seventy-four years ago. We take pride in our ratings, our content, and our #1 news status. We have an outstanding reputation throughout the business community and strong connections with community leaders. As part of the Gray Television family, WTVG has best-in-class news training to support our newsroom. WTVG is the ideal location, close to several large metropolitan areas and is home to several parks, first-rate education, sports, arts, and entertainment.
The Local Sales Manager will act as a Multi-Media Sales Manager that will help lead a sales team of Multi-Media Consultants in developing and selling advertising solutions to different types of businesses. The Local Sales Manager must have knowledge of television advertising and digital products. Coaching, growing, and teaching the sales team is a essential role for this position. This is an opportunity for a strong leader to strengthen our multi-platform sales team.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Cultivate a steady stream of new business
• Work alongside current Sales Management team in developing & promoting a positive, successful culture
• Build client solutions with Multimedia Consultants using digital and television products and ensure that client goals are met
• Work alongside current Sales Management team to forecast revenue on a weekly basis
• Regularly attend sales calls with Multimedia Consultants
• Proven history of developing new business
• Thorough knowledge of how television and digital products work together to create success for clients
• Specific knowledge of digital products and the ability to explain each to customers
• Well versed in Microsoft Office products.
• Experience with television station traffic software
• College degree preferred
• Strong organizational & leadership skills within a fast-paced environment
• Ideal candidate will have successful experience leading a sales team
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
WTVG-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe2k4-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.