WTVG is located in Northwestern Ohio. Our viewers and customers are extremely friendly and down-to-earth. We are a region of proud automotive workers home to Chrysler and GM plants. We are extremely passionate about our collegiate sports teams, including The Ohio State University Buckeyes, the University of Michigan Wolverines, the University of Toledo Rockets and the Bowling Green University Falcons.
WTVG - Toledo, OH
WTVG, 13abc Action News in Toledo, is looking for an Assistant News Director who will lead and manage news coverage across television and digital platforms. The Assistant News Director will work closely with the News Director, and other staff members on day-to-day operations and supervision of the newsroom. We want someone who's aggressive in pursuing breaking news, who's passionate about not simply covering, but uncovering news and who's a creative thinker. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, winning news environment.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Work with Digital Content Manager Initiating and managing content delivery on all WTVG platforms
• Setting an urgent and aggressive tone in the newsroom
• Making editorial decisions on content
• Assist News Director in effectively communicating goals and plans for the newsroom and ensuring those plans are carried out by all staff members
• Assisting morning, evening and weekend producers and reporters with story development and assignment
• Executing our Breaking News and Severe Weather coverage plans
• Plan and execute ''big story'' coverage
• Holding all staff members accountable on a daily basis
• Conduct regular feedback sessions with all employees
• Participate in editorial and planning meetings
• Work with producers and reporters to enterprise and generate content
• Monitor all newscasts and digital news coverage to ensure staff is meeting standards
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Protect and defend journalistic integrity of the news product
• Ensure the news team follows best practices on all platforms
• Execute news strategies developed by news department management
• Perform other job related duties, including limited travel as assigned
• Monitor the competition and their stories
• BA in Journalism with minimum 3 years of experience in a television newsroom, including some management experience.
• Strong management, communication and people skills required to supervise and interact daily with staff and the community
• Proven leadership ability
• Creativity and passion for news
• Knowledge and understanding in using various digital and social platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in high stress situations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93yb4-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.