WTVC is seeking an experienced, hands-on News Director with strong leadership skills and a bold style to lead one of the strongest local newsrooms in the country. Our mission is to produce impact stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
• Managing the station's news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing the staff that produces 40+ hours of local news weekly
• Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Work closely with local and corporate management to establish News content, philosophy and direction
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
• Recruiting, hiring and negotiating contracts for news department personnel
• Collaborate with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
• Sets and manages digital goals
• Responsible for growing digital footprint in the market
• Lead market in digital audience reach and engagement
• Assists in branding and market positioning of station to maximize impact in community
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Will bring strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
• Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts on two stations and must have a proven track record of success in building a winning news organization
• Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o580-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.