The WTRF Web Producer will update local website, curate high-performing content, craft homepage layouts driven by data, and help to report news -- everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
• Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
• Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be the quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
• Flexibility to perform duties
• Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
• Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
• Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
• Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
• Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Communications/Journalism or related degree required
• 1 year of experience in digital content and journalism
• Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Capable of researching, interviewing, and writing original news articles
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media formats and strong computer skills
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
• EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pm2e-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.