Sports Director - WTOC
WTOC 11 is the number one news source in beautiful historic Savannah, Georgia which was named the third best city in the US by Travel and Leisure. As the legacy station in a 20-county market, WTOC covers Georgia's Coastal Empire and southern South Carolina's Lowcountry which includes Hilton Head Island. WTOC is a CBS affiliate with the most hours of live local news in the market, and it is prominent on digital, social and OTT. As Savannah's first TV station, WTOC's community roots run deep. The call letters stand for Welcome To Our City.
WTOC-TV is looking for an experienced Sports Director who is ready to lead our station's sports coverage across all platforms, both on air, and behind the scenes.
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reports, shoots, edits, & anchors sports coverage in multiple newscasts, 5 days a week (Includes weekends)
- Writes and creates content for both broadcast and digital platforms.
- Works with News Director to plan out sports coverage on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis.
- Produces sports specials, and seasonal sports shows during Football season.
- Produces and hosts sports podcasts year-long.
- Ability to work with other journalists on big sports coverage as needed.
- Willingness to cover ''news'' stories or participate in other news projects as assigned.
- At least 3 years of professional TV Newsroom experience covering sports as a reporter and/or anchor.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of sports in general, specifically high school and college football, professional golf, and hockey.
- A strong communicator both on air and behind the scenes.
- Ability to multi-task and plan in advance is extremely important.
- Ability to work well under pressure and under strict deadlines.
- Must be a team player, innovator, and understand that covering sports in 2022 is not just about highlights.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn3jom-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.