WTMJ, The E.W. Scripps Company NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is looking for an innovative and creative Executive Reporter to join our team.
The Executive Reporter will lead our mission to enhance storytelling. Provide expertise and passion for telling stories that impact our communities. Inspire and mentor talent at all levels to find creative ways to grow their skills.
You MUST include a link that shows examples of your best storytelling abilities along with your application.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead, develop, and enhance the storytelling skill and abilities of all reporters and MMJs in the station.
• Collaborate with other newsroom leaders to consistently execute the content strategy through authentic, meaningful storytelling .
• Oversee the writing of stories for all platforms; provide timely feedback to foster continuous improvement.
• Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple news programs and outlets.
• Ensure that all content adheres to journalistic standards and ethical guidelines.
• Deliver a vision and create trust among reporters, photographers and newsroom staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
• Generally 8+ years of experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Demonstrated expertise in storytelling.
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Curiosity for the community, city, state and world we report on daily.
• Deep understanding of the content strategy.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends, early morning, and holidays.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbzz86-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.