Director Of Sales, WTMJ
Are you a competitive sales professional who enjoys leading, training and growing Sales professionals? Come join us at WTMJ in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where E.W. Scripps news station is looking for an experienced sales leader who is hungry to lead a sales team through new business development by partnering with local businesses through creative and effective advertising.
We are committed to representing the audiences we serve. These are our neighbors, our friends and family. Our employees bring their whole selves to work – a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, opinions, life experiences and hobbies. We celebrate what makes us similar – like our passion for journalism -- as much as we celebrate our differences. We welcome bright ideas and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that will help us shape the future of our industry. Bring your passion and we will nourish your career with the tools to help you exceed your wildest career aspirations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Establish the sales direction of the station. Create and manage budgets and project for station revenue. Set and adjust station rates to meet goals.
• Manage the sale of advertising time to clients/agencies, involving local travel and national travel. Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
• Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
• Provide training, development and motivation of Local Sales Department to ensure success of department goals and objectives.
• Provide training for the sales managers to include all aspects of local, national and general sales management.
• Effectively manage all personnel issues.
• Utilize and maximize air time inventory and resources to achieve revenue goals. Evaluate items and programs available to the station.
• Develop and implement new business plans, sales projects, and strategic plans for sales.
• Understand and interface with traffic system and personnel to efficiently manage air time inventory. Approve all orders.
• Interface with station's national rep firm to set goals and objectives. Hold firm accountable for the achievement of all expectations.
• Establish local market value and position of the station Know the strengths and weaknesses of competing stations and mediums. Maintain integrity in all business dealings.
• Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish the objectives of this station.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by General Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree with marketing major is required or commensurate experience in progressive sales management position.
• A minimum of five (5) years of local and national TV sales management experience. Experience in an LPM market a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Practical application of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Wide Orbit and Sharebuilder experience a plus.
• This is a challenging position where accuracy and attention to detail are imperative.
• Strong leadership skills and motivational skills are necessary both within the department and through interaction with all station departments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
• Some travel required. Will drive personal vehicle to conduct company business.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Extensive Scripps Sales Process training
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Competitive compensation plan
• Full benefits; medical, dental and vision
• Retirement savings plan with company match
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0j4y8-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.