WTAJ-TV has an immediate opening on our award-winning team. We are Your News Leader in Central Pennsylvania.
We are looking for someone passionate about covering news and sports.
This hybrid position will work in both the news and sports departments, with a primary focus on news. You will get a chance to cover big breaking news stories, Penn State Football, and much more.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to enterprise relevant, unique, broad-appeal content every day. Have the skills and desire to dig deeper, go beyond the obvious and bring an investigative mindset to day-turn stories. When covering sports, we are looking for someone who goes beyond the highlights and brings character-driven journalism to sports.
You should also have outstanding live reporting skills, capable of covering breaking news and other developing stories aggressively, compellingly, and creatively.
The right candidate will understand that the broadcast product is not more important than their digital product and will work to ensure both are consistently high performing. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
This is an excellent market to display your skills, develop relationships and connections that will go a long way, and in which the cost of living is extremely reasonable.
• The Multimedia Journalist / Sports Reporter produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production and sports content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to both news and sports consumers.
Additional Job Description:
• Produces and presents news & sports reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating programming and other content
• Responds to breaking news events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Shoots and edits reports
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Maintains equipment
• Writes stories for the website and other platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of current newsgathering technology, including video cameras, editing equipment and newsroom computer systems
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pjbq-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.