WTAJ-TV in beautiful central Pennsylvania is searching for the next host for our popular afternoon lifestyle program, Studio 814. The show is all about living life in central PA and features things to do, places to go, local businesses, expert advice, and more.
The style of the show is segment and interview-based intertwined with unique storytelling showcasing our communities. The skillset we are looking for will require strong ad-libbing and interview skills. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2-3 years anchor experience. Familiarity with I-News, Adobe Premiere Editing System, WordPress and SEO is a big plus.
The Talk Show Host is responsible for hosting a program, conducting in-studio interview segments, and participating in on-location segments as scheduled.
• Hosting or providing daily on camera contributions to a daily television show
• Assisting the Producer with writing show segments
• Editing segments as needed.
• Contributing story ideas.
• Calendar and content planning
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on location
• Collecting information, video, or photos at remote locations for post-production
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with the Producer, the Executive Producer and News Director.
• Attending daily editorial meetings.
• Assisting sales on presentations including meeting with clients
• Participating in events – either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Maintaining Studio 814 social media accounts and assisting with posting all online content as directed by the Producer
• Assisting News when needed
• Other duties as directed by management
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, film, or equivalent professional experience
• Fluency in English
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
• All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8v21-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.