WTAE-TV, the Hearst owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for an ambitious news writer/ producer. You'll be at the heart of the news gathering process as you write and edit copy for major newscasts in an ultra-competitive market. The right candidate will be able to work with executive producers and producers to find stories, research content, write conversationally and create graphics. This role will also serve as a primary fill-in line producer. The ideal candidate will be dialed into the news cycle across Western Pennsylvania and proactively pitch and research story ideas. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-paced atmosphere and successfully balance multiple deadlines.
• Write conversational copy for newscasts
• Fill-in as line producer as needed
• Assist producers and reporters with research
• Assist producers with creating graphics
• Create and post stories to digital platforms
• Previous writing experience for digital platform or newscast required
• Able to stay calm under pressure
• Strong verbal and team communication skills
• Familiarity with Social Media
• Familiarity with CMS platforms
• Experience or knowledge of ENPS preferred
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkjb4-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.