WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a photojournalist who knows how to tell a compelling, powerful story with the tools of her or his trade. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is accustomed to winning by utilizing a talent for capturing the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bringing it vividly into the homes of our viewers. The successful candidate will also have the ability to edit video with both the eye and ear in mind under tight deadlines for multiple newscasts. This member of our team will be out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, artistically gifted and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories
• Gathering and editing video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound
• Working with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
• Producing content for our online platforms
• Must have three years of news videography shooting experience
• Must have computer and software experience
• Previous newsroom editing experience required
• Related military experience will be considered
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw1y1-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.