WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a photojournalist with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. The successful candidate will also have the ability to edit video with both the eye and ear in mind under tight deadlines for multiple newscasts. This member of our team will be out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce content for our online platforms
• Must have two years of news videography shooting experience
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
• Efficient Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
• Can operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nz98-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.