- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is hiring a Local Sales Manager. We are not just hiring a ''manager'', we are looking for a leader and strategic thinker that will help drive the sales department to new levels.
Our ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of and experience with business strategy and planning, the advertising sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals. We're seeking a quick learner with strong negotiating skills, and someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others. The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and the ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives to create and maintain a high-performance sales force.
Objectives of this Role
• Represent our station, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings in both linear and digital media distribution
• Research customer needs and help sales representatives identify how our solutions meet them
• Hire, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives
• Achieve company objectives through effective planning, setting of sales goals, analyzing performance data, and projecting future performance
• Continuously develop personal leadership, hiring, and training skills while ensuring the team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives
• Generate leads, and build and nurture client relationships
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands the customer base and achieves goals
• Meet with potential clients and grow long-lasting relationships by understanding their needs
• Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to clients and categories of business
• Recruit salespeople, set objectives, train and coach, and monitor performance ensuring assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled
• Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
• Oversee the sales team to ensure company quotas and standards are met by holding daily, weekly and monthly check-ins with team to set objectives and monitor progress regularly
• Oversee Accounts Receivable and credit policies for Local staff
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in marketing or business administration
• 7+ years in sales or sales management within a local broadcast organization
• Proven track record of success
• Excellent presentation, public speaking, interpersonal and communication skills
• Superb leadership ability
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and other tools used by the company
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Proven success of creating and implementing Lead Generation programs
• Strong understanding and ability to use all industry-specific sales tools: Wide Orbit, Nielsen, Marshall Marketing, Matrix, Kantar, Yield Management, etc.
• Ability to craft solutions quickly based on needs assessment
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.