PT Assignment Editor
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a newsroom part-time Assignment Editor. The ideal candidate has good news judgment, the ability to juggle multiple time-critical situations while remaining level-headed, good communication skills to deal with news crews and the general public, proven organizational skills to help keep us on top of upcoming stories, a working knowledge of police scanners and Broadcastify, and the ability to quickly and accurately write and post news stories for our digital and social media platforms. The candidate we hire must be proficient with the use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms and apps to find stories, track breaking news and connect with viewers.
• Aggressively cover breaking news in a competitive news market.
• Track assignments from conception to on-air execution.
• Maintain follow-ups, develop sources, build idea files and monitor scanners/phones.
• Write and post stories to the station's digital and social media platforms
• At least one to two years of experience in a television newsroom.
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Must be a strong storyteller and an independent problem-solver.
• Ability to work varied shifts including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• College degree preferred
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1ykm-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.