WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, OH, is looking for an experienced Investigative Reporter. We want a reporter who has a passion for investigative and enterprise storytelling. We also require someone who can develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive story content and news reports.
Our ideal candidate will lead investigations, conduct interviews, and help expose waste and corruption. You will need to gather and write investigative content for multiple platforms. This reporter will also contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events.
Must be deadline driven, handle multiple assignments and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
No day will look the same as an Investigative Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Investigate, create, and write meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
• Participate in station and independent community service events
• Check tip lines, emails and respond to viewers
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 2 to 5+ years of experience as an Investigative Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!