WSYX/WTTE has an immediate opening for Executive Producer to oversee digital news content for overall fairness, balance, and accuracy. The ideal candidate will lead the digital team and oversee all digital platforms including social media, websites and news apps. You will work closely with digital producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Executive Producer will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Digital Executive Producer will include
• Oversee daily news coverage to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences on all digital platforms
• Supervise producers and reporters, as well as, review digital copy and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
• Manage digital team and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences on all platforms
• Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create social content and digital-only content
• Planning and overseeing continuity on digital platforms
• What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
• Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• Minimum of 3 years experience producing in a television news environment or equivalent
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!