WSYX/WTTE, in Columbus, OH, is looking for a skilled journalist who wants to excel in the digital space. We are looking for a skilled producer to be part of our digital team. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of SEO, content analytics, and OTT platforms along with strong news judgment.
Candidates must have the ability to work in fast-paced news environment. The job consists of writing and editing content including stories, push alerts, live coverage, and developing social media content. You will update and interact with fans/followers on social media, along with building out website features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement. Ultimately, you will need to apply SEO best practices to every piece of content.
• Strong news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Strong copy-editing skills along with video editing skills
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• A degree in journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!