NewsChannel 9 WSYR-TV an immediate opening for a Digital Producer for its award-winning website and digital platforms. LocalSYR.com has received multiple honors, including the 2014 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award.
Position Summary: The digital producer should be a skilled writer who can craft headlines and content that provide value to the audience and drive user engagement. The producer will use analytics data to make decisions about audience interest helping with website organization. The producer is the primary advocate for growing and directing off-platform participation among the digital editorial group. This person must be highly motivated with an ability to focus and re-focus on a constantly changing target.
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism; news website experience required; live, working web samples preferred
• Proficiency in AP Style, Adobe Photoshop, Canva and other graphical software preferred
• Google Analytics and Google Trends experience a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
• Responds positively to feedback
This individual will need to maintain awareness of external social media conversations and manage our own posts across all accounts through the day while also scheduling holdable content for off hours. Regular metric analysis and reporting will result in constant updates to strategy that need to be communicated, likely focusing on updated messaging to different groups weekly. This individual will also play a central role in the execution of our evolving newsletter strategy.
Measurements of success
• Deliver stories quickly, accurately, and often.
• Provide a central role in story idea discovery and generation for the local and regional team.
• Consistently seek to grow audience to your bylined stories.
• Grow the social media base of the station and regularly promote links to stories.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz2wm-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.