WSTM/WTVH/CW6 in Syracuse, NY, is looking for a talented and energetic Meteorologist interested in joining our CNY Central Weather Authority Team. As our Meteorologist, you are responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. In this role, you will work with the News Director and our Chief Meteorologist to determine the format of various weather graphics, segments, and the best way to present our community the weather information they need to plan their days and be safe in the event of severe weather. We are looking for a meteorologist who is excited by the challenge of forecasting the always unpredictable weather of Central New York.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
• Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weather casts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
• Utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Pitching story ideas, developing contacts and reporting 3 days a week
• Work with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories, we value visual and compelling storytelling
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
• Sharp news judgement and exceptional writing skills
• Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Two years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!