WSTM/WTVH-TV has an immediate opening for a creative Digital Content Producer! This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment and responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on our web pages timely and accurately.
• The Digital Content Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, mobile, social media and emerging technologies.
• The Digital Content Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
• Must be a self-starter
• Have strong writing and editing abilities
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
• Solid news judgment is key
• Knowledge of AP style a plus
• Microsoft Office and Adobe CS Suite skills required
• Strong understanding of web technologies
• Professional working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement are required
• Video editing skills a plus
• College degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Communications strongly preferred
• 1-2 years of related experience
• This position reports to the Digital Content Manager but must be able to take direction from multiple sources, including news producers and reporters
• Ability to work well with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
• Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwj9jp-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.