WSPA, the CBS affiliate in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, South Carolina, Asheville, North Carolina television market, has an immediate opening for a Traffic Anchor/Reporter. The Traffic Anchor/Reporter gives an overview of traffic and commuter conditions for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Presents traffic and news reports and other content for all platforms.
• Uses computer generated graphics and live cameras to present traffic information live on-air and online.
• Ensures that all traffic and news content meet company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other social platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less, depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wp16-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.