WSFL, the Scripps CW station in Miami, FL is hiring an Editor! The Editor will integrate visual content and audio material to create compelling stories and complete daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
• Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high-quality product consistent with station's brand.
• Operate various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment.
• Maintain video archive filing system.
• Reacts to breaking news on an immediate basis.
• Gathers story related materials (sound and video) in a timely manner.
• Coordinates remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
• Collaborates with affiliates on breaking news stories, sharing of information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associate's degree in related field or equivalent years experience preferred.
• Generally, 2+ years experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Proficiency in non-linear, editing software.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to the television station website.
• Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnn3q3-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.