Sports Reporter/ MMJ - WSFA
For nearly 70 years, WSFA 12 News has been the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. WSFA 12 News serves a 15-county DMA and is central and south Alabama's most trusted source for news, weather, and sports information on-air and online.
WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, AL, is looking for a Sports Reporter/MMJ. The successful candidate must have at least two years of experience and be a self-starter with good organizational skills. Must be able to deliver energetic sportscasts and compelling sports news on all platforms under tight, pressure-packed deadlines. This includes a leading presence on Facebook, Twitter, and wsfa.com. Our sports team covers two SEC teams along with five other local colleges and universities, as well as high school sports. This position includes working weekends.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing, reporting, shooting, editing, and doing live shots
- Finding and telling compelling local sports stories
- Contribute content to wsfa.com and other associated digital products
- In addition to anchoring our 6, 9, and 10pm newscasts, availability in our other newscasts as needed will be required
- At least 2 years of sports reporting/anchoring experience
- Exceptional knowledge of sports
- Must be energetic, driven, have solid news/sports judgment, have strong reporting and live skills
- Must be a leader in the newsroom and excel at breaking news/sports coverage from the studio and in the field
- Exceptional planning and creative storytelling are a must – a flexible schedule is part of the job with sports events
- College degree in Journalism or Communications
- Good driving record is a must
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WFSA-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pxok-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.