- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout WSFA:
For nearly 70 years, WSFA 12 News has been the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. WSFA 12 News serves a 15-county DMA and is central and south Alabama's most trusted source for news, weather and sports information on-air and online.
WSFA 12 News is looking for an experienced Multimedia Journalist/Reporter to join our award-winning team in Montgomery. The candidate will be responsible for covering local news stories for our newscasts and website and news app. Candidate must be a team player, able to juggle multiple deadlines, and have experience covering breaking news. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write, and edit for TV and all digital platforms. This position will include working weekends.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Shooting, writing and editing daily content for newscasts and website
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
- Ability to write news content for television and a different digital version
- Ability to handle breaking news and live reporting
- Generating story ideas and building local contacts
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- At least 2 years as an MMJ in a television newsroom
- Journalism or Communications degree preferred
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Knowledge of central Alabama communities, issues, and coverage opportunities
- Experience in a television newsroom
- Must have a good driving record
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WSFA-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky3y0-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.