- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout WSFA:
WSFA 12 News is the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. For over 65 years WSFA 12 News has served a 15-county DMA and is Central and South Alabama's most trusted source for news and weather information.
WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama is looking for a full-time Weekend and Evening Meteorologist. We are the dominant, number one source for weather and news information in Central and South Alabama. Applicants should have at least two years of experience working as a meteorologist, have a Meteorology & or Atmospheric Science degree and should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is a position where you will be the primary meteorologist for our full complement of seven weekend newscasts as well as three weekday News at Nine newscasts and fill-in opportunities.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate would join a strong meteorology team lead by our award winning Chief Meteorologist Josh Johnson.
- Accurate weather forecasting with a strong science background should be demonstrated. A creative, fresh presentation as well as severe weather examples should be included on any demo reel submitted.
- Candidate must bring professionalism, energy, confidence and personality to our newscasts and our newsroom.
- These responsibilities and skills apply on-air, all social media platforms as well as wsfa.com, our weather APP, weather APP videos, facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Ability to do live shots and deliver interesting weather stories are important
- Candidate would participate in school visits, station & community events
- Applicants should have at least two years of experience working as a meteorologist, have a Meteorology & or Atmospheric Science degree and should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Full working knowledge of WSI/MAX & Baron Radar products & Live Wire, is a plus.
- Strong, creative graphics building skills are required to maximize signature graphics to tell your weather story in every weathercast. The candidate should also have strong reporting skills (live presence, storytelling/photography/editing)
- Skills as a MMJ are a plus. Severe weather experience is a must. Central Alabama is a hotbed for severe weather and the candidate must be ready for all situations. We also have a mobile weather lab vehicle aptly named – Strom Tracker.
- Field knowledge of weather & severe weather, storm chasing is required from this candidate as well as strong studio skills.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in a calm and reassuring manner during very stressful situations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yene-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.