Full Time Job
- Full Time
Job DescriptionACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Business Development) - WSFA
For nearly 70 years, WSFA 12 News has been the dominant television and digital media station in Montgomery, Alabama. WSFA 12 News serves a 15-county DMA and is central and south Alabama's most trusted source for news, weather and sports information on-air and online.
WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, AL has an immediate opening for a Business Development Account Executive to join our team of integrated marketing/advertising professionals. Through the use of effective research, marketing, and advertising, we help our clients find and keep their very best customers. Our goal is to grow our already commanding share of the local broadcast and digital revenue market. If you have media sales experience or a background/ education in Business, and see yourself as a high-energy creative individual who likes working with people, this could be your opportunity. Our ideal hire will be self-motivated to exceed expectations and possess strong consultancy skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Research opportunities in your market, generate or follow through on sales leads both warm and cold, and manage an active pipeline of potential revenue
- Own the full sales cycle from prospect to close and meet new business revenue and budget goals
- Be an expert in marketing, and provide expert insights, recommendations, and consultancy to build productive and long-lasting relationships
- Maintain a consistent pipeline, build pipeline velocity, and forecast with accuracy monthly
- Design, write, and present marketing presentations
- Meet or exceed sales expectations, goals, and budgets, and manage your book of sales revenue for retention and growth
- Manage your book of business using multiple CRM and client management tools and software
- Communicate and collaborate effectively internally across all WSFA departments and support staff
- 2-5 years of B2C or B2B outside consultative sales experience (media ad sales experience, preferred)
- Effective prospecting and proven revenue pipeline-building skills
- Ability to think critically and design solutions for complex problems
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Be teachable and open to best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Be consistent at delivering results through perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Must be comfortable selling to, challenging, and building trust-based, value-added relationships with executives
- Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver's license
Are you energetic, positive, and goal-oriented? Please join our team, send your cover letter and resume, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WSFA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vmy4-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.