Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) - Danville
WSET is looking for an multi-media Journalist for our Danville Bureau. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including wset.com, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
So why Danville? Danville, Virginia is growing. From 2018-221, there's been more than $1.1 billion worth of private investment totaling 3,922 new jobs. A Caesars casino is opening in 2024. The downtown River District is now a popular place to live and eat. Lots of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and boating on the Dan River. You're also not far from lots of big cities and entertainment, Raleigh (1 hour 45 minutes), Charlotte (2 hours), Virginia Beach (3 hours 45 minutes) and DC (4 hours).
Managers at ABC 13 prioritize this area, so you will get on-site training and feedback as well as daily coaching from a variety of newsroom leaders.
Skills and Experience:
• Sharp news judgment
• Excellent technical skills
• The ability to work well independently as well as a team. We have three (3) MMJs and a news photographer at the Danville bureau.
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
Requirements and Qualifications:
• A minimum of one (1) year reporting experience is required (at a broadcast news station or college)
• Experience with live shots
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1wmwe-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.