WSBT is looking for a dynamic full-time Anchor to join our #1 team. The person we are seeking to join our on-air team will bring a unique combination of journalistic and broadcasting skills. In this role, you will co-anchor our late evening weekday newscasts and consistently produce promotable content for our broadcasts and digital platforms, as well as maintain a robust presence on WSBT social media pages. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be a team leader. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! Collaboration is a big part of this role!
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong Leadership skills
• Smooth/pleasant delivery
• Strong writing skills and news judgment
• Exemplary communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
• You must have at least 2 years of on-air experience
• Live commercial television experience is a must
• Strong ''in-the-field and live'' skills
• Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
• Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!