WSBT 22 has an immediate opening for a Digital News Producer!
In this role you will be responsible for day-to-day digital news content, working closely with the news managers and Digital Executive Producer to make sure all digital platforms are up-to-date, accurate and compelling.
We want someone with a competitive spirit. Candidate must have excellent writing skills and news judgment. The ideal candidate must possess strong digital analytics skills to help guide story placement on respective digital platforms. The Digital News Producer must identify and post engaging, timely, and relevant content; monitor competitive social practices, and work in line with the station's overall content strategy. This individual must be willing to teach on-air reporters to help them improve their digital skills.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• Solid news judgment and the ability to write fast, accurate and mistake-free copy
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• A basic knowledge of digital platforms
• A strong understanding of social media practices, how to engage a digital audience, and how to move that audience between broadcast and digital platforms
• Proficiency with web content management systems
• Possess basic HTML skills
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• A positive, helpful, can-do attitude
• The ability to meet daily and long-term goals for the execution of digital news strategies
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e006-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.